MORIC - Chapter 89
Chapter 89: So You Won't Be Lonely
Chi Yueshan had absolutely no ability to fight back. This person, who was neither Omega nor Alpha, was not only flamboyant in appearance but also used the same old tricks on Chi Yueshan that she had used on herself.
Even though she wasn't in heat, Chi Yueshan fully experienced that feeling of being unable to pull away.
The trembling in her heart and her rapid breathing harmonized, turning into an uncontrollable compliance and a wholehearted focus.
Xi Zhoumeng was incredibly lazy and didn't even want to move much when effort was required. While they were bathing, Chi Yueshan, after listening to her ramble on about the past, asked, "Have you been like this with someone before?"
She wasn't worried that the person was Wen Xinghuo; if it were, the two of them wouldn't be in their current situation.
Chi Yueshan felt she had no reason to be jealous, yet when she asked, her tone carried an edge she couldn't control.
The young mistress's room came with its own private bath, on a completely different level from the school's bathhouse. Just walking toward it made Chi Yueshan feel as if she were about to ascend the throne.
Perhaps knowing she had gone a bit too far, Xi Zhoumeng, despite her reluctance to move, still carried her over.
It wasn't the stumbling, trembling journey Chi Yueshan had imagined. It was just the overlap of scorching skin that made her feel feverish. She wanted to lower her head but was too embarrassed to bury it in Xi Zhoumeng's embrace.
Xi Zhoumeng's hair stuck to her face. As someone who dyed her hair year-round, her original blonde roots were nowhere to be seen.
Perhaps the black hair gave off an indivisible feeling. She listlessly said "no," and for a moment, Chi Yueshan actually thought she resembled a little soot sprite from a cartoon.
Oh, forget it. If she found out, she'd definitely ask me how there could be such a good-looking soot sprite in the world.
Before Chi Yueshan could finish simulating the conversation, Xi Zhoumeng's foot slipped, and she tumbled into the bathtub, still holding Chi Yueshan.
Water splashed everywhere. Chi Yueshan nearly choked to death but lacked the strength to struggle.
Steam filled the air. The scented candles floating on the water's surface were almost knocked over, bobbing precariously with the waves.
Xi Zhoumeng reached out for her. "Come here."
Chi Yueshan had scrambled to the other side and shook her head fiercely. "No way. Did you do that on purpose?"
Xi Zhoumeng leaned lazily against the side and shook her head, then ran a hand through her long hair and said nonchalantly, "You had your fun. Why don't you show a little pity for me?"
Chi Yueshan retorted, "You didn't have fun?! I don't believe you for a second!"
Xi Zhoumeng said, "I didn't."
She looked utterly exhausted. Her wet hair clung to her face and trailed into the pool, her body a faint, shimmering outline beneath the water.
Chi Yueshan hadn't paid any attention while she was touching her, but now that she had come to her senses, she felt a little embarrassed.
What were other Alphas like?
A few faces appeared in her mind, and without even needing to compare, she could feel how unique Xi Zhoumeng was.
This was just too... too refreshingly unconventional.
Wait, it's not refreshing at all, sob sob sob.
Xi Zhoumeng said, "What are you thinking about? There are too many steps here, that's why I couldn't hold you properly. It's not because I think you're heavy."
She paused, seeming a bit troubled. "If you're not satisfied yet, I can help you again."
Chi Yueshan's calm demeanor was swept away in an instant. She grumbled back, "No way! My mouth hurts so much!"
The Xi family's architecture, both inside and out, possessed a sense of luxury that wasn't merely superficial, and this extended to the small objects. Even the ceiling of a bathtub like this had an extravagant bas-relief mural. At this moment, the gold leaf strips shone even more dazzlingly under the light, reflecting on the water's surface as if they were in a pool of gold, making Chi Yueshan feel even more dizzy.
Xi Zhoumeng squinted and smiled at her, her wet eyelashes trembling. "It's not like I asked you to do that."
Chi Yueshan exclaimed, "You're still smiling!"
She muttered, "Isn't it about reciprocity? I didn't know how to... how to..."
The next second, she realized Xi Zhoumeng had diverted the topic again and quickly steered it back. "You really haven't before?"
Xi Zhoumeng said, "Come closer and I'll tell you."
She wasn't actually that tired. Mentally, she was quite satisfied, but the body in this world didn't play by those rules; it had pheromones to deal with.
As a result, she currently looked as if her breath were a mere thread, like she might expire at any moment.
The Alpha part of her body was about to overwhelm her, screaming at her to mark this Omega, to possess her completely and brand her as her own.
But she simply didn't have that ability.
Chi Yueshan took her at her word, but as soon as she moved closer, Xi Zhoumeng pulled her into an embrace.
Chi Yueshan struggled instinctively. The wooden tray floating on the water's surface wobbled, and the candles nearly fell into the water.
The sound of the rippling water roared in Chi Yueshan's ears, making her heart pound. She didn't understand.
Why is my heart still racing like this, even after we've become so close?
Is it like this for other people too?
Xi Zhoumeng held Chi Yueshan's waist, looking at her face-to-face.
"Not to this extent. After all, with a body like mine, how could I be with anyone?"
Wet strands of hair clung to her cheek. Chi Yueshan subconsciously reached out to brush them away, but Xi Zhoumeng caught her hand. "Right after I differentiated, I even thought about chopping it off."
Chi Yueshan let out a loud "Ah!"
"Are you crazy?! You would have died!"
Xi Zhoumeng said, "It was agonizing. I didn't want to be an Alpha at all."
She said it as if it were the most natural thing in the world, taking Chi Yueshan's hand and continuing to play with her own hair, seeming to enjoy the sensation.
Chi Yueshan said, "I wish I could be an Alpha. It's so great, you have so many options."
Her hair was also wet, but it was still very short compared to Xi Zhoumeng's, making her look like a freshly soaked puppy.
Her eyes were sparkling, filled with innocent longing.
Xi Zhoumeng sighed. "If only we could switch. You as the Alpha and me as a real Omega, wouldn't that be perfect?"
She was quite good at fantasizing. "Then it would be the poor girl marrying the young mistress, a story that could go down in history. And you, you'd rise through the ranks with my help. Even if you joined the military, you'd start at a high level. If you didn't, my family has a huge fortune, you could squander it however you like."
Chi Yueshan was speechless for a long moment, then poked Xi Zhoumeng's forehead. "Isn't that marrying into the wife's family?!"
Xi Zhoumeng said righteously, "Be more refined, it's called marrying into the bride's household. And what's wrong with that? Life is all about using your own abilities, and besides, I'd be happy to."
She stared at the tattoo on Chi Yueshan, trying hard not to command, not to take away.
What Xi Zhoumeng liked was never submissive tenderness.
Xi Zhoumeng said, "I like you. You can enjoy everything I have. Isn't that perfectly justified?"
Chi Yueshan replied, "That's true, but I still want to rely on myself... Even if I can spend your money, you can't help me become the number one mecha master in the galaxy."
This grand dream, which she was usually too shy to speak of, slipped out. The next second, Chi Yueshan said with chagrin, "You can pretend you didn't hear that."
Xi Zhoumeng exclaimed, "Oh my, it's so good to have a dream."
Her hand rested on Chi Yueshan's tattoo, as if retracing the process of getting it done years ago.
"Unlike me, who just wants to drift through life."
Chi Yueshan, however, didn't think much of it. "You know so much more than I do, and as a person..."
She still wasn't used to complimenting Xi Zhoumeng; it always felt particularly embarrassing. She lowered her head and grabbed the other's hand. "Don't poke my chest."
Xi Zhoumeng asked, "What am I like as a person?"
She didn't look up, her gaze seeming exceptionally serious. Only then did Chi Yueshan realize she still had someone else's name there.
This was the kind of thing that could get you roasted for pages on an anonymous forum.
How embarrassing!!
Logically and emotionally! Given my current relationship with Xi Zhoumeng, this shouldn't be here!
"You're a good person. Okay, let go now."
Chi Yueshan answered perfunctorily, already thinking about finding an opportunity to get the tattoo removed.
Xi Zhoumeng said, "Tell me the truth."
Her other hand tightened around Chi Yueshan's waist. "Didn't you say you liked me? Was that a lie too?"
Chi Yueshan retorted, "What do you mean, 'too'?! When have I ever lied to you!"
Xi Zhoumeng asked, "Then what were you just thinking about?"
If someone were to ask what a one-hundred-percent compatibility rate felt like, the first thing that would come to Chi Yueshan's mind was a shiver.
When she was with Xi Zhoumeng, she easily felt a sense of trembling, like a resonance from the depths of her soul, as if this were another person tailor-made for her by the heavens.
Her affection grew with the passage of time.
She simply couldn't lie to her. When facing Xi Zhoumeng, all of Chi Yueshan's reactions were nearly instinctual.
"About where to get my tattoo removed."
Chi Yueshan mumbled, "The owner of the tattoo parlor I went to before seems to have changed careers, and I don't really want to go to the Lower World."
Even though technology had advanced rapidly, the craft of tattooing seemed to have made little progress.
The design could be digitized, but applying it still required manual labor, as did removing it.
And there were no special painkillers like in medicine.
Removing it hurt more than getting it.
But she heard it wouldn't hurt afterward; the pain was only temporary.
Xi Zhoumeng said, "It's fine if you don't remove it."
She said it so decisively that Chi Yueshan looked at her in shock. "Wouldn't you find it weird? I'm dating you now!"
After saying that, a spark of anger flared up in her. "You don't care at all, do you!"
Chi Yueshan broke free from Xi Zhoumeng's embrace and tried to stand up and leave. "I like you, and I won't lie to you, but what about you?"
Normally, there was no need for arguments after a moment of tenderness.
Of course, Chi Yueshan could feel that Xi Zhoumeng treated her differently.
Of course, it involved affection.
If love could be weighed, Chi Yueshan had no doubt that her love would absolutely crush Xi Zhoumeng's.
Beyond the one-hundred-percent compatibility rate, was there any other possibility for us?
"I really want to know what you're thinking!"
Chi Yueshan sniffled. As she stood up, her body was covered in intimate marks. A young girl's affection was naturally frank.
Love could make a person with good eyesight blind, make a clever person dull, and make a silver-tongued person speechless.
It could also make the fearless Chi Yueshan panic.
She thought to herself: You'd better apologize to me, and quickly.
Chi Yueshan bit her lip. "I know I'm different to you, but why? Sometimes when you praise me, I feel really embarrassed. It's like you said, if I were an Alpha, I'd still be marrying up."
"Even... even if love conquers all, you... you at least have to let me..."
The next second, she was yanked back fiercely. Water splashed everywhere, and those pretentious candles finally fell into the water.
The aromatherapy drowned in the warm water, just as Xi Zhoumeng was being slowly boiled like a frog by this fool, Chi Yueshan.
She couldn't tell if she had lost or if she was just cooked.
"Don't you dare solve this by shutting me up! You're not a mute!"
Even while struggling, Chi Yueshan managed to curse her a few times. "If I don't get this cleared up, I'm breaking up with you! Don't even think about finding another Omega more compatible with you than me!"
The spot that had been tormented half the night was being rubbed again.
The bath was deep, with steps leading down. The carved tiles at the bottom depicted mysterious totems.
As they sank, Xi Zhoumeng brazenly sealed Chi Yueshan's mouth.
Chi Yueshan could only continue to scold her when she came up for air. "Who were you with before! Even if you didn't do anything, I still need to know!"
"And... cough... and you don't like your... that thing!"
"You let it slip! Something about 'here' and 'your place'!"
It was hard to catch Xi Zhoumeng's flaws; she barely had any.
After so many years since transmigrating, she had blended into this world very well, with no friends close enough to stay the night.
Acquaintances like Duan Daizhen could visit, but they always left the same day, and their relationship remained at a comfortable distance.
This time, the flaw stemmed from her own crack in the facade.
Her mask was no longer impenetrable; its plastic seal had been broken by Chi Yueshan's daily petulance.
Chi Yueshan had pulled her down from her high pedestal.
She had turned Xi Zhoumeng completely into a mortal, not the false, ordinary human warmth she had achieved through her own reinvention.
Happiness was a flaw.
And at the peak of intimacy, that flaw became an uncontrollable desire to share.
Xi Zhoumeng didn't care if she could say this or not.
To hell with the plot. Wen Xinghuo is already with Sheng Yangkui anyway.
Is there a problem with me being honest with the person I like?
Chi Yueshan's lips were about to be bitten raw. She couldn't help but kick at Xi Zhoumeng, but the other woman caught her by the ankle and pushed her against the side of the pool.
Fresh air rushed into her lungs. Just as she opened her eyes to curse, she heard Xi Zhoumeng say, "My world doesn't have you."
Chi Yueshan was still a bit dazed. "What world?"
Xi Zhoumeng said, "My world."
It hurt for Chi Yueshan to even speak; she felt like she would have sausage lips tomorrow.
She hissed in pain, looked at the person in front of her, and asked, "Aren't you Xi Zhoumeng?"
"Wait, this plot feels familiar. I remember a novel Xuan Ping recommended to me was written just like this."
Chi Yueshan frowned, trying to remember. Unfortunately, her leisure time wasn't spent reading novels; most of them were things Xuan Ping found boring.
Xi Zhoumeng said, "In my world, there are no pheromones, and no Secondary Differentiation."
Chi Yueshan stared blankly at Xi Zhoumeng. "So you were just... a girl?"
Xi Zhoumeng said, "If you suddenly grew another appendage overnight, wouldn't you be in agony?"
Chi Yueshan thought about it. True.
For someone as flamboyant as Xi Zhoumeng, wanting to chop it off meant it must have been truly agonizing.
But was that a reason to get it pierced with whatever-it-was? If it wasn't so sensitive, would she have tattooed a flower on it or something?!
She's not even human!
【Xi Zhoumeng: Is this something I can talk about?】
It took the system a moment to respond.
It let out an indifferent "oh."
【Can I control you?】
【Xi Zhoumeng: Then what are you even here for?】
She noticed the system was speaking up less and less now. It seemed that after Chi Yueshan appeared, it had become less chatty.
When Xi Zhoumeng first transmigrated, the system was practically a narrator, introducing her to this and that.
The world's setting, the families, and even gossip about who was with whom.
For example, it was this system that had dug up the dirt on Wen Xinghuo's unlucky older brother's affair.
It never provided any crucial information but was first-rate at babbling. Sometimes, Xi Zhoumeng even felt this thing had the same disposition as Chi Yueshan.
The system fell silent again.
Just when Xi Zhoumeng thought it was going to play dead again.
【System: I have three tasks. One is that you need to facilitate the relationship between Wen Xinghuo and Sheng Yangkui.】
【Xi Zhoumeng: That's only one?】
【System: The second is to completely crush the Zerg's plans.】
【Xi Zhoumeng: That's too grand. What does it have to do with me?】
【System: The third... is so you won't be lonely.】
Because she was so shocked, Xi Zhoumeng let out an audible "ah."
Chi Yueshan saw her spacing out and called out, "Hey," then relentlessly asked, "So you liked girls before?"
"Even if you're dramatic and love spending money, someone must have liked you, right?"
Chi Yueshan thought: I'm so jealous. But she couldn't help it. With that air of nobility ingrained in her very bones, her circumstances must have been similar to now, right?
But I wasn't in that world. Wouldn't she have been like this with someone else?
At this moment, Xi Zhoumeng was quite pleased. She nodded. "I'm this amazing, who wouldn't like me?"
She leaned in closer. "But you're the first one I've liked."
Comments
Post a Comment