CSMCDB - Chapter 215
Chapter 215
When Wen Yuncheng ascended to godhood, 1947 fulfilled its promise to gift her a star.
When it saw Wen Yuncheng's star and Lin Jinyu's star shining together in the sky, the system was filled with satisfaction.
It had guided many Long Aotians before and formed bonds with them, but for some reason, Wen Yuncheng was the most special. The system had even revealed that its "old father" persona was just an act, a role it played while raising Wen Yuncheng like a child. Yet, at this moment, it truly felt like a father whose cub had finally grown up and ascended to godhood.
"Cub, I have to find a new host now." 1947 sighed. Wen Yuncheng was indeed the most special Long Aotian... but it still had to find a new one. "Now that you're a god, the Child of the Plane doesn't have to worry about lifespan. All those tasks are still available... but you probably don't need them anymore."
The reward for ascending to godhood was one million points. 1947 figured that would last Wen Yuncheng a long time. If she was about to run out... hmm, she could contact it then.
"If you're about to run out of points, you can contact me. I'll come back and issue new tasks for you."
"Are you going to another plane?" Wen Yuncheng couldn't help but ask.
"Yes, most likely. The main system will send me new coordinates, and I'll go find the next Long Aotian to train." 1947 thought to itself that it really did like these heroic stories. Although this one had been a bit different, it had turned out to be very popular.
"You're a god now~ If you don't want to stay on the Starry Sky Continent, you can travel to other planes. But you must read the rules for plane gods carefully and not violate them. If you want to travel to another plane, you have to submit an application in advance. This old father is begging you, don't just charge ahead." Because she had just become a god, it didn't want to have to list every single thing she needed to be careful about.
"Can't I contact you anymore?" Wen Yuncheng was confused. It was true that she had become a god and that 1947 needed to bind with another host. But did that mean they could no longer contact each other directly?
"It's possible... but not in real-time. And I have to be the one to initiate contact. If you want to contact me, you'll have to buy special equipment. A communication device made specifically for contacting systems is very expensive." 1947 sounded a little dejected. "That kind of equipment is sold, but it's so rare it might as well not exist. And knowing you, you poor god, you probably can't afford it anyway. The system store doesn't carry it, so that's not an option. I would also need certain host permissions... there's not much I can do. A host's dependence is gratifying, but it comes at a high cost. Besides, the main system doesn't want to see a host who has already ascended to godhood become too reliant on their system. Even more, it doesn't want the bond between a system and its host to become so deep that it interferes with training the next one."
"Can't I buy it with a million points?" Wen Yuncheng scratched her head. 1947 had accompanied her for so long. Although their interactions hadn't always been pleasant—1947 had even once regarded her as a good-for-nothing whose cultivation was lost—and the initial 1947 was not "cute" in the slightest, after spending so much time together day and night, Wen Yuncheng could sense how 1947 had changed. Rather than a relationship between a system and its host, Wen Yuncheng felt they were more like family or friends.
"But that costs five hundred thousand points!"
"It's only five hundred thousand? I'll still have half left, then."
The old father suddenly fell silent. It thought about how Wen Yuncheng was clearly obsessed with money, penny-pinching in so many ways that, at the beginning, she couldn't even bear to buy a steamed bun. But she was also incredibly generous—especially to her own people.
For a time, 1947 had actually been jealous of Lin Jinyu. It had felt like a parent whose prize pig was running off to root up some cabbage, leaving it behind. It knew Wen Yuncheng cared about it deeply, even if she sometimes bickered with it and deliberately provoked it.
But seeing this care expressed so openly still moved 1947 beyond words.
"You better not regret this," 1947 said. "I'll definitely be contacting you often from now on, and I'll be very naggy."
"Hmm, this communicator should have a block function, right? Don't worry, I'll block you at... certain times. You won't be able to disturb me."
【...That's not it! That's not what I was talking about! We systems are automatically equipped with mosaics and audio muting, okay!】 1947 said, flustered and exasperated. 【I am a qualified system that has passed the 'Clean the Web' initiative!】
Wen Yuncheng replied perfunctorily, "Oh, okay. Uh-huh."
In any case, 1947 was still touched.
After 1947 left Wen Yuncheng, it received a communication from the Plane Consciousness.
The old father was stunned for a moment. Was... Baby Voice here to see it off? Recalling their past interactions, 1947 was tempted to reject the call and block the little voice. But in the end, its soft heart won out, and the old father accepted the communication.
【What took you so long? Are you getting rusty, you old system?】
【...I'm made of data. I don't rust.】 1947 took a deep breath to calm itself, then couldn't help but ask, 【Are you here to see me off?】
【Heh, hurry up and get out of my plane, you despicable outsider!】 the Baby Voice shouted in its childish voice. 【I never want to see you again as long as I live!】
【...】 1947 regretted its decision. It never should have answered this call! Just as it was about to add the Baby Voice to its blacklist, the voice softened and said quietly:
【Even though I said all that... thank you, for everything.】
【We're even now. You can come visit the Starry Sky Continent in the future, though you're not welcome. But both of my Children of the Plane are very fond of you. Hmph... I suppose you can be considered a benefactor of my plane.】
Spoken in that childish voice, the awkward words had a unique sort of charm.
【I hope you won't go around stealing other people's Children of the Plane in the future! Now, get lost!】
Despite being told to "get lost," 1947 couldn't help but laugh. Perhaps it was because the Plane Consciousness's childish voice was too cute, or perhaps because there was no real malice in its tone. Just then, 1947 received an energy packet. Opening it, it found a portion of attribute-less energy.
This must have been something the Baby Voice had saved up instead of using, and now it had sent it as a gift.
1947 was too moved to speak. The Starry Sky Continent was truly a wonderful plane, it thought. Both its consciousness and its Children of the Plane were wonderful.
After the wave of emotion passed, 1947 prepared to thank the Baby Voice, but the message failed to send. It had been blocked.
1947: ?
Fine. Both Wen Yuncheng and the Baby Voice gave it emotional whiplash. In that respect, 1947 truly felt that Wen Yuncheng was a worthy first choice for the Baby Voice's Child of the Plane.
Comments
Post a Comment