If you’re enjoying the novels, please consider leaving a review on NovelUpdates to help more readers discover them.

Returning - Chapter 113

Chapter 113: I'm Scared

Her lips felt numb from his sucking. Zhao Yu responded to him with partial reluctance, not knowing exactly how far he intended to go.

But she knew very clearly in her heart that they couldn't do anything today.

Not only because of Xue Zhan's still-bleeding wound, but also because she bore the marks Shang Lu had left that morning, and Ji Sui could come up at any moment.

She was about to push him away, but unexpectedly, he released her lips before she could act. He turned his face away, refusing to look at her, and said only in a deep voice, "If you're willing, go see Xue Zi'ang."

A deliberately flat tone, yet laced with ragged breaths that couldn't be stilled.

Zhao Yu glanced at his arm. "Your wound…"

"The driver's still downstairs."

He stood up, swaying uncontrollably, his steps a little unsteady, perhaps from losing so much blood.

Zhao Yu hurriedly supported him. "I'll see you down."

Xue Zhan's car was parked in a temporary spot outside the residential complex, and Ji Sui's car was likely there too. As Zhao Yu helped Xue Zhan downstairs, she was especially cautious. On the surface, she appeared worried about bumping his wound, carefully cradling his arm while pinching the gauze she had half-unraveled.

In reality, she kept her distance from Xue Zhan so Ji Sui could see at a glance that Xue Zhan was injured.

Sure enough, the moment the two stepped out of the complex gate, Zhao Yu spotted Ji Sui's car at once.

From that position, no matter if Xue Zi'ang's car was parked in the underground garage or at the complex entrance, he should be able to see it when leaving.

Xue Zhan's car was parked behind Ji Sui's. As Zhao Yu helped him walk past Ji Sui's car, she pretended to glance casually into the vehicle and happened to meet Ji Sui's eyes directly.

She couldn't say anything, couldn't even dare to give a facial signal. She could only silently use her eyes to communicate her current predicament to Ji Sui.

It wasn't until Xue Zhan got into the car and the driver pulled away that Zhao Yu calmly walked back into the complex.

This time, Ji Sui got out of the car and followed behind her.

One after the other, they entered the elevator. She finally turned her head to look at Ji Sui and explained, "Just now, Director Xue…"

Before she could finish, Ji Sui had already seized her shoulders tightly and pressed his lips to hers.

Just like Xue Zhan moments ago, the force was immense, extremely urgent, even a little rough. She could clearly hear his rapid breathing and heartbeat.

This was the first time Zhao Yu had seen Ji Sui so frantic and forceful.

Pushed against the elevator wall by his back, her entire body pinned motionless, she could only cling to his shoulders and meekly respond to his kiss.

It wasn't yet quitting time, so the complex was sparsely populated. The elevator ascended smoothly from the first floor, and Ji Sui kissed her all the way up, fiercely sucking her lips, not releasing her for a single moment.

When the elevator doors opened, he looked at her breathlessly, saying nothing.

Zhao Yu pulled him out of the elevator. The instant they entered the apartment, he lunged at her again, pinning her against the door, kissing her fiercely, urgently tearing at her clothes.

The marks Shang Lu had left were still on her body, and it wasn't even dark yet. He would definitely see them.

Zhao Yu could only push him away forcefully. "You… don't do this. I'm… a little scared…"

Ji Sui's breathing had yet to settle; his chest still heaved violently. But hearing her words, remembering how rough Xue Zi'ang had once been with her, he was overcome with remorse. He stepped forward again and gently gathered her into his arms.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I…"

Zhao Yu wrapped her arms around him, patting his back softly. "I understand."

Ji Sui tightened his hold. "Zhao Yu, I'm scared."

Zhao Yu said nothing, only rested her head quietly against his shoulder.

He said, "I don't want to go on like this anymore. It feels like we're something that can't see the light of day. Even your ex-boyfriend can openly come looking for you, while I can only hide down below… Do you have any idea how scared I was just now? Scared that Xue Zi'ang would hurt you again, scared that you would soften, scared that you'd be swayed by him, scared that you and he…"

"I won't. He and I are over. Don't you believe me?"

"I do, but I…" Ji Sui loosened his grip slightly, held her by the shoulders, and gazed at her fixedly. "I just feel ungrounded, as if… as if I can't hold onto you at all, as if the moment I turn around, you'll disappear. I don't want to go on like this anymore. Zhao Yu, I've made up my mind. I'll resign from Lanxi. Once I leave Lanxi, we won't have to sneak around like this anymore. I can tell everyone—tell Xue Zi'ang too—that you're my girlfriend. None of them can take you away."

Zhao Yu looked at him in shock. "You… you've thought this through?"

Ji Sui nodded firmly. "Staying at Huacan is important to you, but for me, staying at Lanxi isn't as important as being with you. I can resign and switch to a company that doesn't compete with Huacan. If my status as a shareholder still affects us being together, then I can give that up too."

Zhao Yu was even more astonished and even more anxious. "What nonsense are you talking? Do you have any idea how many people envy the amount of Lanxi shares you hold? How can you just say you'll give them up?"

"Those things were never mine to begin with. It's only because of Grandfather's will that I've kept them all this time…"

Ji Sui smiled self-deprecatingly. "With those things around, sometimes I actually can't see clearly—who truly treats me well, and who's just after the equity in my hands."

Zhao Yu smiled. "Then are you so certain I'm not after the equity in your hands? Aren't you afraid that without those shares, I'll kick you to the curb?"

Ji Sui grinned and pinched her cheek. "Not afraid."

Looking at his confident, pure smile, Zhao Yu was suddenly struck by a moment of blankness.

Her hatred stemmed from the harm others had done to her. Everything she did for revenge seemed entirely justified.

But what about the people she had hurt?

The selfish, heartless, unfeeling Zhao Yu of today was exactly the kind of person Tang Xi had despised most.

Wrapping her arms around Ji Sui again, she leaned slowly against his chest and murmured softly with a light laugh, "Thank you."

Thank you for your trust in me. But I'm sorry too—from the very beginning, you saw the wrong person.

As for that apology, I'll wait until I go to hell someday to tell you.

Comments