If you’re enjoying the novels, please consider leaving a review on NovelUpdates to help more readers discover them.

MORIC - Chapter 108

Chapter 108: Who Was Moved to Tears

Xi Zhoumeng's cup of cold brew tea doused half of Chi Yueshan's drunkenness.

But she was still groggy and didn't have a deep impression of what these people had said.

Instead, it was Xi Zhoumeng who was being handsy with her while talking, and now she was even claiming she couldn't carry her.

Really not acting like an Alpha when she should be.

So Omega-like, I might as well be the Alpha.

Xi Zhoumeng: "What are you muttering about? Let me hear it."

Chi Yueshan swatted her face away. "Put me down. Didn't you say you couldn't carry me?"

She grumbled, but her tone wasn't fierce at all. It carried a lover's coquettish complaint, almost scratching at Xi Zhoumeng's heart.

Chi Yueshan: "Cursing you out, what else could I be saying."

She even rolled her eyes, like a fish being held, trying to struggle.

Unfortunately, the one who claimed to be tired didn't budge at all. The high-end VIP elevator went directly to Xi Zhoumeng's floor, and Chi Yueshan wasn't put down until they were inside the suite.

Chi Yueshan: "Stop messing around, I have to work tomorrow. It was so hard for me to find this job!"

She looked very sleepy, thinking to herself that it was a good thing the tattoo removal in the Upper World didn't come with a warning against drinking afterward.

This alcohol was really burning, so hot.

She couldn't help but tug at her collar. Catching sight of the clothes in the room, she was startled. "Where is this? Is there another fashion show?"

Xi Zhoumeng: "My personal studio. What do you think?"

The suite had European-style decor, with dim yellow lighting, and the totems on the floor-to-ceiling mirrors were exceptionally intricate.

Chi Yueshan nodded perfunctorily. "It's nice, it's nice. Can we go back and sleep? I'm so sleepy."

Xi Zhoumeng picked her up like a child—this was possibly the most ungraceful posture she'd adopted in two lifetimes—and tossed Chi Yueshan directly onto the soft sofa.

Chi Yueshan was nearly dazed by the impact. "Hey!" she yelped. "What are you doing! I was already dizzy."

Xi Zhoumeng couldn't stand the smell of alcohol on her. She didn't understand how drinking with Wen Xinghuo could get her this drunk.

Isn't her tolerance better than mine?

I didn't get the impression that Wen Xinghuo could drink much.

It seems I didn't really see Wen Xinghuo drink either. Forget it... that girl is so poor she can probably only afford plain water.

Xi Zhoumeng: "How much did you hear?"

She suddenly leaned in close. Just as Chi Yueshan thought Xi Zhoumeng was about to kiss her, the other woman simply reached out and untied the drawstring on Chi Yueshan's shirt.

Chi Yueshan jolted, springing up from the sofa. Her forehead collided with Xi Zhoumeng's as she clutched her collar.

Xi Zhoumeng clutched her own forehead, almost laughing out of anger. "What's with this attitude? It's not the first time I've undressed you. Is this really necessary?"

She paused, then let out a strange "Oh." "I should be more polite, is that it?"

"Hello, may I help you take off your clothes?"

The places Xi Zhoumeng stayed were always overwhelmingly fragrant, and the scent made Chi Yueshan's head spin.

She felt lucky that they were in the interstellar age. If this were some other era, one where people had martial arts...

Xi Zhoumeng would definitely be that seductive demoness.

Chi Yueshan was, after all, feeling guilty. She stammered for a long time before saying, "I'm afraid you're going to... going to do things to me again. It's late... I need to sleep."

She was never good at lying. In the Lower World, there was rarely a need to lie; she mostly spoke with her fists.

The lie made her face flush even redder. She hastily tried to run, but her waistband was already loose, hanging down in a long strip. Xi Zhoumeng easily pulled her back, waistband and all.

Chi Yueshan was pressed onto Xi Zhoumeng's lap, all sleepiness vanishing. "I already told you, I have to work tomorrow."

Xi Zhoumeng hummed in acknowledgment. "I know. I'll take you there."

Chi Yueshan: "No, you're too conspicuous."

Xi Zhoumeng: "Then I'll switch cars."

Chi Yueshan: "I'm talking about your face."

After speaking, she was still annoyed. "And this outfit, so flashy. It's irritating."

Xi Zhoumeng: "I'm not trying to seduce anyone else, am I? Aren't I working hard to seduce you?"

Chi Yueshan: "Spare me, big sis. I'm really so sleepy."

Even as she said this, her hand remained clutched over her collar.

Xi Zhoumeng hadn't thought much of it at first, but the more Chi Yueshan acted this way, the more curious she became.

She tugged at the drawstring and leaned closer. "What did you go do?"

Chi Yueshan: "Look for a job, what else could I do."

She didn't know where she'd learned to turn the tables, but she narrowed her eyes and questioned Xi Zhoumeng, "You doubt me? You don't love me anymore."

Xi Zhoumeng chuckled and tilted her head. "Then shall I come love you now?"

She leaned down and actually bit the drawstring, untying it right before Chi Yueshan's shocked eyes.

Chi Yueshan had never seen such a move. She let out a cry and tried to shove Xi Zhoumeng away.

But it was too late. The new tattoo on her chest had already entered Xi Zhoumeng's sight.

Chi Yueshan's previous flashy, love-confessing tattoo had been removed, but the area was red, which, combined with the red of the new tattoo, looked like a rebirth.

Washing away the old love, defining a new destiny.

This yellow rose wasn't very large, but it was perfectly placed in the valley of her cleavage, like a creation blooming between mountain peaks.

It easily stirred an abnormal beat in Xi Zhoumeng's heart.

Xi Zhoumeng was stunned for a moment. Chi Yueshan quickly pulled her shirt together and, in a what's-done-is-done tone, grumbled—

"Satisfied? Had enough of a look? I'm going to wash my face and go to sleep."

She quickly got off the sofa and stepped on her shoes. Before she could slip them on, Xi Zhoumeng hugged her from behind.

Chi Yueshan: "You're so..."

Before she could say "annoying," she felt something wet and warm on her back.

"No way, you're actually crying?"

Chi Yueshan felt she should take a picture to commemorate the moment, but she was held so tightly she couldn't move at all.

Xi Zhoumeng: "Who's crying? Would any idiot cry just because their girlfriend removed a tattoo of her crush?"

Chi Yueshan: I feel like you're scolding yourself, but it also seems like you're scolding me.

Xi Zhoumeng: "Why get a yellow rose tattoo? This person's skill is no good. The linework isn't even smooth."

"Was it a man or a woman who did it? Why didn't you ask me? I could learn on the spot and do a better job than this."

"The color is also not..."

She was actually being picky!

Chi Yueshan pried her hands off. "A female Beta. Are you still not satisfied? I wasn't trying to satisfy you anyway. I'm happy with it. Don't get too moved. It's my body, my choice!"

Sigh, so the person who acts all excited and says they don't care is actually very petty.

Xi Zhoumeng: "I'm not moved."

Chi Yueshan thought: This person is really duplicitous.

How did she grow up like this.

She yawned. "Seriously, stop messing around. I don't have the energy to deal with you. Sleep, sleep."

Xi Zhoumeng let go, then grabbed Chi Yueshan's hand again. "How much did you hear?"

Chi Yueshan lowered her eyes and sighed. "Not much. I only heard Sheng Yangkui say I died a miserable death."

Sheng Yangkui's past life and her current one are completely different, right?

If it weren't for her headache, Chi Yueshan would have wanted to ask how Xi Zhoumeng had ended up.

But that Xi Zhoumeng and this Xi Zhoumeng probably weren't the same person.

If this one were around, how could she possibly end up in a sorry state?

Chi Yueshan felt a little regretful again.

She wondered when a person like this would ever be in a sorry state.

Forget it. It's fine as long as she's always beautiful and perfect. After all, that represents safety.

The day the germaphobic, fussy young lady stops being a germaphobe would probably be the end of the world, right?

Xi Zhoumeng: "I won't let you die."

Her body temperature was naturally low, just like the scent of her pheromones—distant and cold, as if cursed for all eternity.

Chi Yueshan was like a natural little sun, completely different from her name.

Chi Yueshan turned around, looking down at Xi Zhoumeng. "That time will never come. I care about myself more than anyone else!"

Her expression was nothing short of arrogant, almost like a scorching fire burning directly into Xi Zhoumeng's heart.

Xi Zhoumeng hummed in agreement. "Isn't that a given? Me too."

Chi Yueshan scoffed and ignored her.

The lingering drunkenness was still on her face, making her stagger a bit as she went to wash up. After two steps, she turned back to ask Xi Zhoumeng, "Where's the washroom?"

Xi Zhoumeng leaned lazily against the sofa and pointed casually. "There."

Chi Yueshan said, "Oh."

Xi Zhoumeng: "Need my help?"

Chi Yueshan whipped her head back. "No way, you insatiable bastard."

Being cursed out so bluntly, Xi Zhoumeng, on the contrary, started giggling.

"So cute."


Chi Yueshan started working smoothly in Mechanical City. Her boss was a somewhat older Beta woman.

Her husband was paralyzed from the waist down due to an accident and spent his days sitting at the counter reading manuscripts.

Chi Yueshan was in the warehouse dismantling parts, and occasionally the boss would come to check on her.

She had a naturally lively personality, and getting familiar with people was a quick process for her.

Compared to people her own age, she preferred those who were older.

"I didn't see Xiao Wen today. Did she change jobs again?"

At noon, the boss handed Chi Yueshan a lunch box and sat on a stool beside the young girl to chat.

Chi Yueshan was covered in grime from dismantling mechas, but she didn't look the least bit tired.

"She has some family matters."

Although the surnames of the eight great noble families were highly respected, it wasn't as if no one outside the nobility shared them.

Wen Xinghuo was just too down-to-earth; no one could tell her status at all. They only thought this Alpha girl worked more efficiently than anyone, was diligent, and probably came out to work because her family was poor.

The boss said, "Oh. What about you, then? In our line of work, there aren't many annual holidays. You must have Alpha and Omega elders to spend time with, right?"

Chi Yueshan ate with her cheeks puffed out, not minding the grease all over her sleeve protectors. Her dust-proof goggles were pushed up on her forehead, and when she spoke, her eyes sparkled, not at all detracting from her lively impression.

"They're not around anymore."

The boss: "Oh, I'm sorry."

Chi Yueshan: "It's nothing. Thank you, Sister Zhang, for giving me work."

Although she dressed plainly, the worldly-wise boss could see that her water cup alone was worth more than half a year's wages here.

She just assumed she was a rich young lady who had come for fun.

She hadn't expected Chi Yueshan's skills to be quite good. Not only did she dismantle a pile of things, but she also repaired a broken mecha in the warehouse.

"Where did you learn this skill?"

Chi Yueshan glanced at the repaired mecha to the side. Although its exterior was dusty and gray, she could see that its design was exquisite.

It had a kind of understated elegance, making one wonder about the grace of its owner.

"My master taught me."

The boss: "That's amazing. I've had that one for over ten years since I collected it. It was like a pile of scrap metal."

Her warehouse was huge, filled with defective mechanical parts, like a large scrapyard.

The air smelled of rust and old, accumulated dust.

Chi Yueshan: "Really?"

She took a gulp of water, thinking to herself that Xi Zhoumeng was so annoying, insisting she bring a water bottle.

It's surprisingly tasty, too. Rose-infused.

As expected of her.

The boss: "This one, and those few over there, I collected them all from various interstellar shops."

Sister Zhang was getting on in years, her eyesight wasn't good, and she was a bit farsighted. She always had to look at things for a long time.

Chi Yueshan took the opportunity to pull out a piece of paper and ask her, "Do you know where the owner of the shop at B9 went? I picked something up from her place before."

Sister Zhang: "B9? Her? She died of illness the year before last. The mecha you just fixed is the one I collected from her."

Chi Yueshan let out a sound of surprise. She had only secretly come to the Upper World once to deliver a blueprint for her master.

Because she was too nervous, she didn't remember the other person's appearance very well, only that her hands seemed to have been burned by fire and were covered in scars.

"What illness?"

"Zerg radiation. A lingering aftereffect from the past Zerg Tides."

Chi Yueshan said, "Oh."

That's how Master died, too.

Every time the Zerg Tide came, it was overwhelming. The contamination it emitted would inevitably cause casualties.

If it wasn't severe, one would naturally recover after the Zerg Tide passed.

If it was very serious, one wouldn't have many years left to live.

However, it was rare for ordinary citizens to get such a disease. It mostly affected frequent interstellar travelers or those involved in trade and transport, who were caught off guard and contaminated.

"But it's useless to fix these mechas. Most of them are gene-locked. The activation sequence can't be changed, let alone used. They can only be dismantled."

Sister Zhang glanced at the young girl eating beside her, then at the few mechas she had repaired, thinking it would be great if this child were an Alpha.

Although Mechanical City didn't have rules about dividing labor by ABO designation—as long as you could do the job well, it was fine.

But learning things still depended on spiritual power and secondary gender. Alphas, in particular, had superior innate physical qualities, and modifying large machinery was less strenuous for them, so most people still preferred Alphas. Even if a suitable Alpha wasn't available, a Beta was the next choice.

But right now, they were in urgent need of people. The boss saw that Chi Yueshan had already reached this level, and her practical skills were excellent. She thought, if this child were to pursue further studies, wouldn't she become even better?

"Huh? Gene-locked?"

Chi Yueshan looked at the mecha in shock. "But the one I just fixed can be activated."

Comments