Returning - Chapter 91
Chapter 91: Lies
What happens when you combine an older virgin who's been holding back for years with a retired soldier in peak physical condition? Zhao Yu finally got her answer when she collapsed on the bed, barely able to get up.
She couldn't even remember how many times she'd climaxed. All she knew was that Ji Sui's gentleness proved largely useless against his terrifying stamina and endurance, which only seemed to grow stronger the longer they went.
Of course, it was also entirely possible that if he hadn't been so gentle, she'd have ended up in the hospital by now.
When he finished making lunch and came back to the bedroom to wake her, only to find her still lying there lazily with no intention of moving, Ji Sui felt a little sheepish. "Still sore?"
He'd checked – down there, she was fine. But she complained of aching hips and a sore backside, and her nipples were a bit swollen from his sucking.
Truth be told, he'd tried very hard to exercise restraint. But the sensation of being enveloped and squeezed by her was simply too intoxicating, and the longer it went on, the less he could control himself. He only stopped when every condom was used up.
"Mm." Zhao Yu responded pitifully, then shot him a glare. "Who told you to last so long without finishing?"
Wasn't it because he was terrified of finishing too quickly, losing face, and being rejected by her? So he'd desperately held back the entire time.
"Sorry, I... couldn't help it. Let me rub it for you."
Seeing him extend a hand to massage her waist, Zhao Yu quickly curled up to dodge away. "Don't touch me. I'm afraid you'll get hard again while rubbing."
Heat suffused Ji Sui's cheeks. He glanced awkwardly at his crotch – though that thing was quiet now, it had indeed perked up with alarming speed earlier.
Zhao Yu eyed his groin reproachfully. "I don't know if it's because you've held back too long or you're naturally hypersexual, but you're terrifying when you get worked up."
They were clearly words of reproach, yet both her tone and expression were coquettish to the bone. How could Ji Sui withstand such coy scolding? He bent down and pressed a deep kiss to her lips. If he hadn't feared that kissing too long would make him hard again, he'd have been reluctant to release such fragrant, soft lips.
"Get up and eat something first. I'm worried your stomach can't handle it."
Zhao Yu stretched both arms toward him, openly demanding affection. "Then carry me out."
Ji Sui chuckled softly, bent down, and scooped her up securely.
The lunch he'd prepared was surprisingly lavish – clearly a deliberate effort to replenish her. Halfway through the meal, Zhao Yu suddenly spoke. "That... about us. I'd like to keep it a secret for now. Is that okay?"
Ji Sui's hand paused mid-motion. He looked at her, puzzled. "Why?"
Seeing the dimming light in his eyes, Zhao Yu quickly reached out and grasped his hand. "It's not what you're thinking. I'm not unwilling to be with you. But you know as well as I do, Lanxi and Huacan have always been mortal enemies. It'd be one thing if we were just ordinary employees, but as it happens, I'm now the assistant to Huacan's Vice Chairman, and you're the assistant to Lanxi's Chairman, and you're also a Lanxi shareholder. If we were to go public with our relationship..."
Hearing this, Ji Sui finally let out a relieved breath and smiled. "Mm, I understand. Going public would indeed be somewhat inappropriate."
After a pause, he asked tentatively, "Have you... already made up your mind to stay at Huacan permanently?"
Zhao Yu nodded. "I can't bear to give up everything I have now. I earned all of it through my own efforts."
Ji Sui had been about to tell her she could leave Huacan for Lanxi – that he could help her – but after giving it more thought, he abandoned the idea.
This was her career. He had no right to interfere. And she was clearly not the type of woman who wanted to rely on a man at work.
Still, after silently eating a few more bites of food, he couldn't help muttering, "Then won't you see Xue Zi'ang all the time?"
Zhao Yu froze for a second, then looked at him with amusement. "Are you getting jealous?"
Uncomfortable under her gaze, Ji Sui could only lower his head and continue eating, silent.
Zhao Yu cleared her throat deliberately and drawled, "Yep, I see my ex-boyfriend all the time when I go to work. And some people are no different, are they? Not only do they spend every day at the office with their first love, but they even live under the same roof when they go home. Who knows if something might not—"
This time Ji Sui panicked. He swallowed a mouthful of half-chewed food in one gulp and said solemnly, "There's truly nothing but familial affection between me and her now. And we don't see each other much at the office either. I've already moved out, I rarely go back to the Zhuang residence."
Seeing how anxious he'd gotten, Zhao Yu burst out laughing. She reached over and poked his forehead with a finger, her tone gentle with a hint of fondness. "I was just teasing you. I trust you."
Ji Sui seized the opportunity to catch her hand and bring it to his lips. "Right now, I only like you."
Zhao Yu tilted her head, smiling at him. "So why do you like me?"
Ji Sui couldn't come up with an answer.
Zhao Yu asked another question. "Do you trust me, then?"
Ji Sui tightened his grip on her hand. "Mm."
"Then... I have one more request."
"What is it?"
"About us – don't tell anyone in the Zhuang family yet either." Zhao Yu bit her lip, her expression turning bitter. "I know you're not like those other people, but you're still a member of the Zhuang family. A family like that... I... I'm not worthy enough to marry into it."
At this, she looked at him with a face full of guilt. "Ji Sui, I'm sorry. I know you might not like hearing this right now, but I... to be honest, having just gone through what happened with Xue Zi'ang, I don't have the confidence that we can make it work. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I..."
"I understand." Ji Sui placed his other hand over hers, holding tight. "We'll take it slow. I'll prove myself to you."
After spending the entire weekend glued together, the two finally parted reluctantly on Monday morning, each heading to their respective offices.
Zhao Yu had also told Ji Sui he didn't need to come to her place often – that she would go to him when she had time. The excuse was that her place was too small, and she was afraid he wouldn't be comfortable staying over.
Saying it like that, she managed to project both insecurity and consideration for him, which naturally made Ji Sui's heart ache. He'd pulled her into his arms and kissed her tenderly for a good long while.
But the truth? She simply figured that with Xue Zi'ang as an unpredictable variable, the odds of Ji Sui being spotted coming to her place were far higher than the odds of her being spotted by someone from the Zhuang family when she went to his. Of course she'd choose the lower-risk option.
At the office, staring at her desk calendar and itinerary schedule, Zhao Yu hesitated a long time. Finally, she opened Song Xuan's WeChat and sent a message: Can you help me with something?
They hadn't been in contact for nearly four years, but she knew that as long as she invoked Yu Jin's name, Song Xuan would agree to anything she asked.
She wanted to take a gamble. To bet that Xue Zhan had only grown suspicious but hadn't yet sent anyone to conduct an in-depth investigation into her.
So, the best defense was a good offense.
Due to a video conference, Xue Zhan had everyone else leave first after work while he stayed behind to continue working in his office.
Midway through the meeting, a call suddenly came in. Glancing at the caller ID, he could only cut off the video and pick up.
"President Xue, regarding what you inquired about last time – that Song Xuan from my company. I heard some news today. I wonder if you're still interested."
"Please, go ahead, President Han."
"Normally, I really don't pay attention to my employees' private business, so I had no idea when you asked me that day. And you said not to ask directly to avoid raising suspicion, so I just... but today I actually overheard Song Xuan mention to someone in his department that his ex-girlfriend was his college classmate, and that they both studied industrial engineering."
"Today, as it happened, I had a client meeting and brought Song Xuan along. He drank with the client until he passed out, and I took the chance to ask him a couple of questions. I heard him say something like, 'How could you be so heartless, leaving just like that? Why did you abandon me?' You could tell from the heartbroken state he was in that he'd been dumped."
"Is that so?" Xue Zhan smiled faintly. "Seems he was hurt quite deeply."
"Absolutely. He even started crying while talking about it, it got to a point where I almost couldn't bear to listen. Oh, and I also heard him say his ex-girlfriend's name. Sounded like Xiao Yu or Xiao Yu – not sure which character."
"Xiao Yu?" Still idly twirling the pen in his hand, the curve of Xue Zhan's lips deepened. "That name – not a common one."
Comments
Post a Comment